There are several capacity building opportunities in SIMLESA II, such as:
- Training professionals on CA-based sustainable intensification to build and enhance the capacity of national and regional programs,
- Training professionals on gender mainstreaming,
- Training 25 professionals on seed systems,
- Training research managers,
- Training extension and scaling out professionals,
- Opportunities to access competitive Australian PhD scholarships and Agricultural Research Council (ARC ) supported MSc. and PhD scholarships.
SIMLESA II will also use lessons learned from SIMLESA I. These are the following:
- Integrating value chains activities with technologies,
- Capacity building and local policy analysis. Use of agricultural innovation platforms (AIP). In SIMLESA AIP refers to a network of actors along a value chain with aligned objectives and activities to sustainably generate and share information, and knowledge on agribusiness and other agricultural development work.
- Consult women during project design and implementation, and understand the incentives of all chain members and value chain dynamics in agricultural trade and marketing.